Enevra – Improving access to prosthetic care
We were in Uganda!
Our mission is to to give more people access to prosthetic devices
For thousands of amputees in low-income countries, prostheses are too expensive. This leads to missed job opportunities, social exclusion and a reduced quality-of-life.
3D printed prostheses
By utilizing 3D printing combined with our custom hand scan library we can produce customized prostheses at a low price point.
Partnering with local communities in the area of need, we provide them with the necessary hardware and know-how to produce and sell the product on their own.
Color and the specific hand model as well as the dimensions of the prosthesis are customized to the amputee’s need.
By utilizing high-resolution computer-assisted reconstruction from real hand models, we provide results that have a genuine look.
After having taken measurements from the patient it only takes 24 hours to have the prothesis ready for fitting.
Up to 10kg of downward force and resistant to rough conditions, such as rain and dirt.
From start to a finished prosthesis:
The base: our partners
As our partner, you
- have an orthopedic or medical background or are a member of such an institution or workshop
- are situated in a low income country with demand for affordable prostheses
- have technical interest
We provide the tools
We equip you with
- a 3D-printer
- printing material
- an universal power supply
- our guidelines and supportive instruction material
And the training
Our training includes
- the right usage of the prostheses
- instructions on the manufacturing and setup process
- a fitting routine for the patients
Production and sales
Now the production can begin!
With the knowledge from our training the prostheses can be manufactured with the 3D printer and fitted to the patient.
To provide a usable product to the patients, our aftercare routine includes
- familiarization and introduction to the prosthesis
- usage training
- repair service and changes to fit
University Startup Worldcup USWC | Nov 2019
Winner of the Category “Economic”
SensAbility Award | Mar 2019
Yooweedo Ideenwettbewerb | May 2017
Ford Community Challenge | Jan 2017
Enactus National Cup | Jun 2016
Leave Your Social Mark | Dec 2016